What's Wrong With My Central Air Conditioning System?
Highland Park homeowners aren't expected to know everything that they need to know about their central air conditioning systems' thermostats, condensers, evaporator coils, refrigerant, compressors, and expansion valves, so if you don't know how to troubleshoot your malfunctioning air conditioner, schedule a central air conditioning repair with a trusted air conditioning company.
Watch Out for These Air Conditioning Complications
- Insufficient Air Circulation – Inadequate airflow plagues many homes during the warm summer months. Airflow may be stifled as a result of blocked ductwork, dirty air filters, broken fan motors, and closed vents. A simple check of the filters, fan motors, air ducts, and vents should reveal the source of the complication.
- Inadequate Cooling – If your AC system isn't blowing cool air, you should address the problem quickly. The cause of insufficient cooling could be a worn-out compressor that will no longer compress refrigerant.
- Leaking From AC Components – Condensation and moisture is often created from the operation of air conditioning systems, especially in humid climates. This moisture may form a water leak at the base of the AC system's air handler if there is something blocking the flow of water, the plastic tubes are punctured, or the condensate pump is malfunctioning.
- Central Air System Won't Turn On – A central air conditioning system that doesn't turn on won't serve you very well when temperatures begin to rise. This problem can be caused by multiple malfunctions, including a tripped circuit breaker, blown fuse, a turned-off internal switch, or a faulty thermostat. To solve this complication, make sure that your thermostat is set to cool mode, not “off” or heat mode. The thermostat should also be set to a temperature below the current room temperature. If your circuit breaker has tripped or a fuse has blown, you can reset the breaker or replace the fuse. If the source of the problem can't be determined, contact your air conditioning company to examine your AC system.
- Central Air System Won't Turn Off – Your air conditioner should shut off when the temperature in your home reaches the temperature set on the thermostat. If it doesn't, check the thermostat to make sure that the unit turns off when switched into heat mode. The thermostat may be wired improperly or broken altogether, so your air conditioning company may have to replace it. Your HVAC technician may also examine your outdoor run relay to make sure that it hasn't been welded together over time as a result of continuous electrical arcing.
- Noisy Central Air System – Many components in your central air conditioning system can create noise. For instance, your outdoor air compressor may make buzzing or grinding noises as a result of a defective run capacitor or a worn-out motor. Additionally, your air handler can develop squealing or buzzing sounds because of a slipped belt or a bad fan relay.
Schedule Central Air Conditioning Repairs With Our HVAC Specialists
If your Highland Park home's central air conditioning system is on the fritz, contact a reputable air conditioning company like Home Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning for a central air conditioning repair. Our HVAC technicians will troubleshoot the problem and solve the complication quickly and effectively.
For more information on central air conditioning repairs in Highland Park, call 323-308-5670 or complete our online request form.
Get Unmatched, Risk-Free and Guaranteed Service
Call Now To Schedule!
"Just high quality work at reasonable rates that you'll be happy to tell your neighbors about"
Struggling to Find a Los Angeles Air Conditioning and Heating Team You Can Rely On?
We don’t blame you. Honest and reliable service is hard to find these days. Since 2003, Home Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning has provided skilled AC and furnace repair, maintenance and installations for your Los Angeles neighbors.
Now that our team of technicians, each averaging at least 5 years of air conditioning and heating experience, have completed thousands of service calls and installed hundreds of A/C systems and gas furnaces locally, we’d like to invite you to discover the new energy savings and efficiency of an Air Conditioning and heating system that your neighbors are already enjoying.
Contact Home Comfort Heating & Air Conditioning today and discover how greater Los Angeles residents can claim up to $1250 in free system upgrades and save hundreds per year by updating to a Home Comfort A/C and gas furnace installation along with our exclusive risk-free guarantees.
What else qualifies us as the preferred air conditioning and gas furnace installation company in this area?
For one thing, we make it a point to thoroughly screen our employees. Each hand-picked member of our team endures a rigorous interview process, thorough background check and drug testing.
Plus, we specialize in HVAC installation for older homes – the type of service most new companies on the scene can't and won't touch. We even offer free second opinions on condemned units. If your usual go-to air conditioning company tells you that replacement is your only option, call us for a second opinion and get the straight facts for FREE.
If you take a look at some of our testimonials, you’ll find that our customers say we are on time, on budget, and that we go the extra mile. We take the time to listen to you, and we work hard to plan out the most cost-effective, energy-efficient, and environmentally-friendly system that will perfectly fit your needs.
But Don’t Just Take Our Word For it…
Fabulous! John’s estimate was great, detailed, and the work went smoothly. John really looked at our house thoroughly before giving us the estimate and doing the work, so there were no “surprises”.
Eagle Rock, CA
We had gotten many estimates from the likes of home Sears, Lowes, and quite a few others. Then a friend of ours recommended Home Comfort. Home Comfort was priced about in the middle but came highly recommended so we decided to go with them. The installation went exactly as planned. We had the heater/AC and duct work installed in the attic and it was done in the estimated time and with the utmost care and cleanliness (and it was during one of our heat waves). John was awesome, a professional and a total pleasure to deal with. He had great ideas for efficiency and esthetic appeal. John was also very honest, selling us only what was most efficient and needed for the size of our home. We would definitely hire John and Home Comfort again and would absolutely recommend there services. I would give John and Company a 5 star rating!
We had a great experience working with this company. John is professional, prompt, and responsive. The job went exactly as planned- no unexpected costs or delays.
Los Angeles, CA
We first reached out to John at Home Comfort in 2013 and had to wait on a new HVAC install, but when we were finally ready to pull the trigger this spring, he was ready and eager to go. He was responsive, his turnaround was great, and our system + Nest work like a charm. Highly recommend for quality, accountability, and price (based on other estimates from companies that took a week or more to respond to questions); and last but not least, friendliness.
Call Now To Schedule!